I am looking forward to next semester

Ashley Barletta, News Editor

The spring semester is almost upon us. It’s a time when Mercyhurst gets super cold, thanks to the wind chill. It is also a time when the school year really seems to set in. I remember coming back from winter break as a freshman last year and the Mercyhurst magic I loved so much during the fall semester was gone. As depressing as that sounds, I knew it was going to happen eventually. However, it did not keep me from having a (for the most part) good spring semester. I, for one, am excited for the spring 2022 semester. It has come to a point in this semester where I am bored and ready for a change (which is a dangerous thought because we still have to take finals). I am taking more of a variety of classes next semester, which I look forward to. That isn’t to say that I don’t love the four English classes I took this semester, but my brain is definitely ready for a break.One great thing about the spring semester is that I will be very close to fulfilling all of my REACH requirements after the semester ends. I am very much the type of person that likes to check things off of a list, so getting all of the REACH classes taken care of will leave me more space to fill with major and potential minor classes. Another great aspect of the spring semester is how calm the campus is as opposed to when it is warm outside and there are people everywhere. Though I’m not the biggest fan of snow, especially when it is paired with wind, I always enjoy sitting in my cozy little room, drinking hot cocoa and watching Gilmore Girls.Plus, I took up knitting, and if I ever feel confident enough in myself, winter/spring is the time to knit a sweater or blanket. The main downfall of the spring semester is how cold it gets. If you think the end of the fall semester is bad, just wait. The windchill is crazy! But, when you finally get to whatever building you’re going to, it’s usually pretty warm. On the other hand, one good thing about the cold is that I get to wear my sweaters. For anyone reading this that doesn’t know me, I am obsessed with sweaters and I probably have too many of them. I can’t help it; I have to have a sweater of every color or else I won’t have a good selection.With this being the last issue of the Merciad for the semester, I have my position as the News editor to look forward to in the spring semester as well. Basically, I am excited for the spring semester, but I need a break first. Thank goodness for winter break. So, to those who will be returning to campus for the spring 2022 semester, be prepared to bundle up! By that, I mean bring your heaviest winter coat, a hat, gloves, and maybe a scarf if you’re into scarves. Also, since you’ll likely be spending most of your time indoors, make sure you have enough indoor activities (just in case you don’t have mounds of work to do already). I personally love making Ramen noodles and having a hot drink, whether it’s coffee, hot cocoa or even herbal tea. Take my advice or don’t, but have a great rest of your fall semester and a wonderful winter break. Let’s all look forward to the spring semester here at Mercyhurst.