Men’s lacrosse

Haleigh Giebel, Staff writer

The No. 4 ranked Mercyhurst men’s lacrosse team defeated No. 9 ranked Lake Erie College 12-4, to continue their winning streak and increase it to four games.

On Saturday, April 23, the Lakers took on the Storm in their second to last ECAC conference game of the season.

“I thought we played extremely well. We played as a team in all aspects of the game,” said sophomore Greg Weyl. “Matt Wells played tremendous and it’s great to have him as a goalie on your team.”

At the end of the first period, the two teams were tied at one, but that did not last for long.

Freshman Kurtis Woodland was the Lakers’ highest goal scorer of the game, with four goals.

Junior Derek Richards, senior Connor Enright and sophomore Colin Greenway each contributed two goals and sophomore Oran Horn had one goal.

Junior James Crowe had one goal and three assists, while Richards had two and Enright and junior Keyan McQueen both had one.

The Lakers held a 29-25 shot advantage and senior goaltender Wells made 10 saves to seal the deal for the Lakers and increase their overall record to 11-2.

“It is very important to keep the momentum on our side especially near the end of the season,” Weyl said.

The Lakers next home game is on Wednesday, April 27, at 4 p.m. against Roberts Wesleyan College.