Lakers give thanks

Erin Almeter, Staff writer

Mercyhurst’s Parkhurst Dining once again created a feast for students at the Thanksgiving Dinner that was held Nov. 14.

It took place in both Grotto Commons and Ryan Hall’s 501 Grille.

All students were encouraged to attend this pre-Thanksgiving celebration.

All of the Thanksgiving delicacies were served including turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, green bean casserole, corn, rolls and so much more.

The main course dishes were just the start to this banquet.

Dessert was provided as well, and consisted of pumpkin pie, apple pie, cherry pie, lemon pound cake, orange cranberry pound cake and many more.

There was something for everyone, which is what Parkhurst Dining aims to do for the Mercyhurst students. According to the Dining Services page on Mercyhurst’s website, Parkhurst strives to create unique dining solutions for those it serves which, is what was accomplished with this Thanksgiving dinner.

The dining areas were decorated with fall favorites and colors. It created a welcoming atmosphere to the students attending the dinner.

Ella DiPietro, a junior Intelligence Studies and Religious Studies major, said that Grotto Commons “had a really nice Thanksgiving dinner.”

She was especially thankful that “they had a lot of options, and everything was delicious.”

Julia Lesko, a junior English and Communication major, described the dinner as “delicious but hectic,” as lot of students were scrambling for a place to sit down and enjoy the dinner.

For the students who were not able to attend the Thanksgiving Dinner, be on the lookout for the Christmas Dinner that is also put on by Mercyhurst’s Dining Services.