Haunted ’Hurst is bringing scares to campus

Alexandria Albano, Staff writer

Thrills, chills and scares will race through the ’Hurst this Saturday with SAC’s haunted Halloween celebration.

Mercyhurst University will host Haunted ’Hurst on Saturday. It starts at 6:30 p.m. and ends at 10:30 p.m. in the Student Union Great Room. During Haunted ’Hurst, students will be frightened throughout campus with decorations and actors.

There are other activities students can take part in while waiting for their haunted tour. These activities include pumpkin painting, mask decorating and drinking hot cocoa.

This event brings together many on-campus clubs and organizations. . The student ambassadors participate by scaring students on each tour.

“It’s nice that all of our organizations collaborate together. This is an SAC event, but MAC also helps to coordinate and plan the event,” Shannon Holley, president of Student Government, said.
Old Main and Egan are transformed into a haunted house with terrifying ghost stories.

“This is one of the biggest events we have on campus and most of the students who go on tours say that this is their favorite event of the year,” Austin Shinhearl, junior Hospitality major, said.

Senior Social Work major Colin O’Connor, this event is a great opportunity to tour Mercyhurst as well as learn about the university’s eerie past.