Maintenance praised for quick response

Chelsea Guida, Photo Editor

A few weeks ago, right when the temperatures were dropping, my roommates and I made the discovery that our heat was not working.

We wore sweatshirts and dealt with it until it had officially gotten way too cold.

It was a Friday night after dinner so maintenance was closed, but we called Police and Safety anyways.

The call was made around 6 p.m., so once no one had shown up by 7 p.m., we all assumed that no one was coming.

However, at 10 p.m., there was a knock at the door by a maintenance worker who had been fixing other apartments’ heat since our call.

The man was very friendly and spent the next hour and a half making sure the heat was on and properly running.

When we called Police and Safety, we had expected that no one would show up until Monday morning.

While 10 p.m. on a Friday night isn’t always the best time to have maintenance coming over, we appreciated that they didn’t want us to freeze.

It was also very comforting to know that the university always has someone who can be called to fix something that goes wrong, even if it is technically outside of maintenance hours.

Maintenance and Police and Safety are very helpful when it comes to problems that involve leaks or heating.

We live in Erie — the cold can be freezing, and both Maintenance and Police and Safety are more than willing to make sure that the students are comfortable and safe on campus.