Exit.44 kickball season begins

Maiya Florence Harding, Staff writer

Kody  Miles,  current  Mercyhurst  graduate  student  and  founder  of  Exit.44,  has  created  a  competitive  intramural  kickball season to be held on campus.

The league was created in collaboration with Mercyhurst Athletics and is set to take place throughout the fall semester. Games will be played on campus at Saxon Stadium and at the Mercyhurst University Soccer Field.

The sporting event is a fun, safe and active way for students to become involved on campus and create an enjoy-able experience.

“We  chose  kickball  because  it  is  a  competitive  yet  safe  and socially distant sport,” said Miles.

The lack of PSAC sports this year has left many students searching for a way to bring some form of competition to the campus and Miles saw this as the perfect opportunity for a kickball league.

With the current climate due to COVID-19, many people  may  also  be  finding  it  difficult  to  maintain  an  active  lifestyle. Joining the league is a great way to get some exercise in while having fun and making new friends along the way. Mercyhurst students have been given the option to form their own kickball team or register as a free agent.

Team  rules  state  the  maximum  number  of  players  on  a roster as 10, as well as the requirement of at least three members of the opposite gender on a team.

No prior athletic experience is necessary and all are welcome to join in on the fun.

The kickball will also feature several special weekly titles to be awarded for the best moments from the week.

“We’re especially excited for the engaging features we’ll have for the kickball league,” said Miles.

Every  week  will  include  features  such  as  the  top  plays,  player  stats,  rankings  and  even  player  interviews.  Weekly  recaps will be available on the Exit.44 Instagram.

Masks  are  required  to  be  worn  at  all  times  and  prop-er  COVID-19  guidelines  have  been  established  for  the  league.

Games  are  scheduled  to  take  place  on  Tuesdays  and  Thursdays from 8 to 10 p.m. and on Saturdays from 3 to 5 p.m. More information will continue  to come over time.

“I’m most excited. . . to see everyone come together and compete in a safe manner. My passion is to put on these events for students and make great connections and friend-ships and give them unique experiences to talk about and enjoy,” Miles said.

If you have any questions regarding the league, you can contact Kody Miles (@exit.44) on Instagram.

Competition has begun but registration is still currently open!  You  can  sign  up  at  www.hurstathletics.com/kick-ball2020.