NEW at HURST

Quinn Gannon, Contributing writer

Cheryl A. Moore, PhD, was an adjunct professor at Mercyhurst University for seven years. She has also spent time as an adjunct at Fredonia University.

This year she became a full-time Assistant Professor of Accounting in the Walker College of Business. 

Moore loves Mercyhurst University,  and is an alumnus. She received her undergraduate degree from the Walker School of Business, in Accounting and Business Finance.

Moore achieved her Master of Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting from the Keller Graduate School of Management. 

She went on to get her PhD in Psychology with an emphasis in Organizational Leadership from the University of the Rockies. 

A “workaholic all [her] life”, Moore has maintained several jobs over the years. Moore has lived in Corry, PA for almost all her life and she is involved with several businesses there. She worked as the controller at Corry Contract, a sheet metal contractor, for 39 years. 

Moore had to leave her  position there to be able to work full-time as a professor here. She also owns Prestige Countertops & Services, Inc. in Corry, PA. She has been an adjunct at the State University of New York at Fredonia, and is continuing to teach there while working full-time at Mercyhurst. There she teaches courses in Accounting, Organizational Behavior, and Human Resource Management.

In the rare occasion she is not working, Moore can be found spending time with her family.

She has two daughters, and one of them is currently an Accounting major at Liberty University.

Moore has five grandchildren who she loves to see. She also has four chihuahuas and  two cats.Moore enjoys shopping and traveling.

She particularly likes unwinding on beaches. She took some time off this summer and visited Clearwater, FL. She said it felt strange to not be working.

Moore is excited to have a full-time position at Mercyhurst, her alma mater and a school she loves. Take some time to stop by her office in Preston and congratulate her.You’ll find an office with a gorgeous desk topped with a piece from her own countertop company.