Brian Fuller named a founding member of the OSINT Foundation

Hailey Steidle, Staff writer

The name Brian Fuller may be familiar to a large number of students among Mercyhurst University’s Intelligence program.
However, his name will now be known to a much larger group of individuals as he has just been named a founding member of the OSINT Foundation.
After nearly 2 years of behind-the-scenes work, the OSINT foundation has announced that he is a founding member of their foundation that aims to promote OSINT in a multitude of ways.
The OSINT Foundation is an organization that hopes to effect OSINT resources and representation, develop the OSINT practitioner community, and to formalize tradecraft and certifications.
The Foundation itself is made up of a group of former U.S. National Security officials that together formed a professional association with a main goal of promoting OSINT to the public.
For the individuals that may not be aware of what OSINT is, a quick definition of the topic is the collection and analysis of open-source information which is commonly known as publicly available information such as things posted on social media, news, and anything that can be accessed without credentials or software.
The Foundation aims to bring awareness to the vast amount of publicly available information that is created by hackers, consumers, and newsmakers daily across a multitude of platforms.
By bringing awareness it will be easier for the Foundation to better educate individuals who may want to grow informed on the subject matter.
Fuller is the current Director of Operations for the Ridge College of Intelligence Studies & Applied Sciences here at Mercyhurst University.
Many of the students in the intelligence program are incredibly familiar with his name because of his strong dedication to their education and careers after graduation.
For many students, current and past, he was who they saw when interviewing for internships or who helped them set up their resumes and helped them gain opportunities in the intelligence field.
For many, he is the reason that they gained an understanding of the careers that they could hold upon graduation and how to hold themselves when interviewing for these careers.
Now that he has been named as a founding member of this amazing foundation, Mercyhurst has the opportunity to remain at the forefront of both education and training when it comes to open-sources intelligence.
With one of the foundations main goals being to provide opportunities for both practitioners and students to grow in their field by providing forums for them to attend, continuing their education in OSINT, and helping them develop their own personal tradecraft on the subject.
They also aim to provide scholarships to students who are partaking in these programs.
One thing is certain, Fuller being named as one of the founders of this incredible foundation only means good things for both the Mercyhurst University Intelligence Program and Fuller himself.