Freshmen mark milestone of 100 days in

Freshmen mark milestone of 100 days in

Marina Boyle, Features editor

Nov. 26 marked 100 days since freshmen began their first year of college. To celebrate, MSG set up a table in the Grotto Commons with free cupcakes, treats and lanyards for all freshmen.

As finals draw closer and the days get busier, MSG is recognizing the importance of this milestone in everyone’s college career with positive reminders of how close all freshmen are to a strong finish this semester.

Even though the day marked 100 days exactly for freshmen, everyone else is also only about three days behind, and most students feel they have something to celebrate for their efforts so far this semester.

Raffle baskets were available for lucky freshman winners, and while the lanyards were reserved for only freshmen, all were welcome to try the tasty cupcakes.

Students from all other years could get involved by writing advice to their peers on slips of paper, which will given to the Class of 2022 as they finish out the semester.

Common pieces of advice included “get involved,” “don’t give up now,” “value your friendships,” “don’t get too hooked on the dessert bar” and, of course, “Carpe Diem.”

Luke the Laker also made an appearance in Grotto Commons to join in the celebrations.

Mitchell Marsh, junior Hospitality Management and Marketing major, helped to organize this event as part of his class senator position with MSG.

“This is an annual event that MSG puts on for freshmen to congratulate them on making it 100 days into the semester and their college career. It’s a fun way to recognize the class of 2022, their achievement, and just a nice little celebration with cupcakes, giveaways and more,” Marsh said.